Beta 4

By clairebear | October 17th, 2007 | 6:59 pm

well i think this is related to eboostr since ive not had it before eboostr and now i have it i get the

net.exe – application error and other application errors come up from time to time

the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on Ok to terminate the application

and i also get the wscript.exe application error

———————

allocated 1024mb cache

4 Responses to “Beta 4”

1. mikei
    Oct 18, 2007

Looks like there is a poblem in cache. Please, do following then you will get such kind of problems again:

NOTE: It will take much time.

1. open cache file viewer (eBoostr control panel\Edit\Show Cache content)

2. Press CTRL+A to select all files

3. Press CTRL+ALT+A – check files attributes (take much time !!! )
    You will see status markers on left
    +Ok – identical between disk and cache
    other(TIME, OPEN, IND,…) – kind of difference.

It is NORMAL then some files (small amount) are different. They will not be used for cache and will be removed later

4. Select files with +Ok status only !!!!!

5. Press CTRL+ALT+C – check files content (take much time !!!)

6. All files should have +Ok status after check will be completed.

If there are files with different status – your cache is bad (and we need to fix this bug :) ). In this case you can fix your cache by “Build Cache Now” (it will update corrupted records)

Please, submit the results here

Thank you

2. clairebear
    Oct 18, 2007

no matter how much i rebuild the cache it isnt fixing the bug it keeps comming back and back and back even if i delete the drive i am caching on and start again and the deleted entrys say there open they aint the only ones that say there only temporary folder is too and lots of others

It is very annoying getting all these popups i think ill hold off using it for abit

3. Scott
    Oct 18, 2007

Sounds like a problem maybe with how the HDD is writing to the flash drive or how it’s being read. Some corruption is going on. Since we see that it is only happening with you at this moment, try another flash drive or another USB port and see if that is any better. Make sure you have your chipset’s drivers installed as well.

4. clairebear
    Oct 19, 2007

am not using a flash drive or a usb drive…… am using another harddrive and ive tried it on other harddrive too with same effect

plus i have newest chipset drivers to date already